NoCo Active 20-30 to award $300,000 to nonprofits
The funds come from NoCo 20-30's 2011 fundraising campaign, which is organized with the help of business leaders between the ages of 20 and 39 who are focused on raising money for nonprofits serving disadvantaged children in Northern Colorado.
Those nonprofits receiving funds this year are:
- A Child's Dream
- A Kid's Place
- Boys & Girls Club of Larimer County
- Boys & Girls Club of Weld County
- Center for Family Outreach
- Children's Speech/Reading Center
- Coat and Boots
- Junior Achievement
- Larimer Child Advocacy Center
- Partners Mentoring Youth
- Project Self Sufficiency
- Race to Read
- Respite Care
- Sexual Assault Victim Center
- Student Recovery Fund
- Turning Point Center for Youth and Family Development
"Despite the tough economy, we increased the number of people who attend events, we increased the total money raised, and most importantly, the number of children we were able to support," said Billy Campbell, president of NoCo 20-30.
More breaking news...
NASA leader tours LASP; talks about commercial space travel
Regus offers co-working space for Earth Day
Clear rulebook needed for game of drones