The city, home to microbrew giants New Belgium and Odells and the Great American Beer Festival, easily makes various lists of top cities in the world for beer, while at the same time racking up bragging rights in multiple business arenas. Recent national recognition includes (but is not limited to):
• Ranked third best place for business and careers by Forbes, June 2012
• Ranked 11th on America’s Top 50 Bike-Friendly Cities by Bicycle Magazine, May 2012.
• One of the Top 10 Best Places to Retire, CBS “Money Watch,” February 2012
• Ranked third in the Milken Institute’s “Where America’s Jobs are Created and Sustained,” Best-Performing Cities list, December 2011
• Chosen as one of America’s 20 Most Economically Vibrant College Towns by TheAtlanticCities.com, September 2011
• Named one of the top 10 Cities Adopting Smart Grid Technology by U.S. News and World Report, May 2011
Fort Collins’ lifestyle is at least in part to thank for